Express Entry Visa, Canada’s new immigrant selection system, is designed to make the immigration process easier and faster for applicants. Express Entry Immigration is not an immigration program per se, but a system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to select candidates for immigration to Canada. Express Entry is a two-step process, and Can reach can help you achieve your goals for immigration to Canada in both steps
Inclusion in the Express Entry pool is not a guarantee that an applicant will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency. Invited applicants must still meet the eligibility requirements under Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Step 1) Potential candidates complete an online Express Entry profile.
Potential candidates complete an online Express Entry profile. This is a secure form that they use to provide information on the following:
– Skills, – Work experience, – Language skills, – Education, and other information that will help us evaluate them.
Those who meet the criteria of one of the federal immigration programs listed above will be placed in an applicant pool.
Anyone who does not already have a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) (if you need one) or a nomination from a province or territory must register with the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) Job Bank. The Job Bank helps match Express Entry candidates with suitable employers in Canada.
Candidates are also encouraged to apply to employers through other means, such as job boards, recruiters, etc.
In most cases where a candidate is offered a job, employers require an LMIA from ESDC. The LMIA process ensures that employers have made an effort to hire Canadians for available positions. There is no LMIA fee for applications from permanent residents.
Step 2) The top ranked applicants in the pool are invited to apply for permanent residency.
Applicants are compared to other applicants in the pool using a point system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. Points are assigned based on the information in their profile.
Applicants with the highest scores in the pool will receive an invitation to apply. Applicants receive points for: – a job offer; and/or – a nomination by a province or territory; and/or – qualification and experience factors. An applicant may receive additional points for: – a job offer supported by a labor market compatibility assessment, or -> a nomination by a province or territory.
These additional points result in a candidate being ranked high enough to be invited to apply in the next draw of eligible candidates.
Once someone is invited to apply, they have 60 days to submit an online application for permanent residency.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada will process most complete applications (i.e., applications with all required documentation) within six months or less.
Applicants may remain in the pool for up to 12 months. If they do not receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence within 12 months of submitting an Express Entry profile, they may submit a new profile. Then, if they still meet the criteria, they can be re-admitted to the pool. This prevents backlogs and ensures quick processing times.
Not the right program?
If this program is not right for you, please check out the other permanent immigration options for business and professional immigrants. If you are interested in visiting or studying in Canada, you can also check out the temporary immigration programs. If you are not sure which program best suits your needs, simply contact Can reach and we will be happy to assist you.
How to apply for the US Diversity Visa Lottery Program.
Registration for the Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2021/2022) is done online. To apply;
- Visit the U.S. Department of State website at www.dvprogram.state.gov to begin the registration process.
- Click on the Register or Apply button (not currently available).
- Complete all required documents and upload them to the appropriate fields.
- Also view the application instructions page to study the application process in detail.
Additional instructions for the 2021/2022 US Diversity Visa Lottery.
- DV selectees must be eligible to enter the United States.
- The DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application is completed electronically and the consular officer will ask you questions in person about your eligibility to immigrate under U.S. law; these questions include criminal and security issues.
- Under no circumstances can the Department of State issue DVs or approve USCIS adjustments after this date, nor can family members obtain DVs after this date to follow the principal applicant to the United States.
- The Department of State does not send notification letters or notify selected individuals by email. United States embassies and consulates do not provide a list of selected individuals.
- Checking participant status on the E-DV website is the only means by which the Department of State notifies selected applicants of their selection.